Golden Moon Jasmine Tea


Shout out to Rudy Whistle Pottery- she made me this adorable mug!!  She is a friend, neighbor, and great pottery maker!!!



I like a good jasmine tea...some people don't, they think it is too floral.  But, me, I like it.  

I got this tea as a trial tea.  It is a green jasmine tea.

Since it is a green tea, you do not want to get your water too hot.  I'd say 175 to 180 degrees.  If you get it too hot you will bruise the leaves and it will taste bitter and you will not enjoy your tea.  

I think that is why some people think that they don't like tea...they just have never had a proper cup of tea.

You want to steep for around 3 minutes.  If you over steep, again you will have an awful cup of tea.





I liked this tea.  I did not think that the jasmine was over powering.  I did not think the green tea was too grassy.  These are important issues to me.  I don't really like an earthy, grassy, green tea...but, some people do.  That is what is fun about exploring teas- finding which ones you like...and even better, the ones you love!!




I came home from work the other day to find these on my porch.  A guy I go to church with, was at a job site and picked them and gave them to me.  I love fun little surprises like this.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment