Dragonfly Teahouse- Downton Abbey tea

 
Okay, for some reason my pictures uploaded backwards!  So, you get to see the fun evening from end to start. 

 
This was "Mrs. Wallis Simpson" for the evening.  She told us about Wallis and King Edwards scandalous love affair.

 
cool tea pot light


dinner- vegetable soup, chicken salad in puff pastry, pimento sandwich, and raisin bread sandwich. See the fun heart shaped biscuit on the soup.
Our appetizer was a scone.

Janis and Abby Steiner joined my mom and I for a delightful evening!!!

The evening was a real treat!!!!!


 
Dessert- lady fingers with a chocolate mouse and raspberries- soooo good!

Mom had a decaf tea that she enjoyed.  It was a really fun girls night out!  We were not sure why it was called a Downtown Abbey Tea- the food did not seem different than before.  The food was great- don't get me wrong, we just expected different.  We think maybe they called it Downtown Abbey because the employees wore dresses from the 30's....the time period of the show.  There were a few people also dressed in really fun "flapper" dresses too!  I hope to go again next year!!!

I had a great cup of tea- Apricot Fantasy!  It was really good.  This time I asked them to put the loose leaf in a strainer so I could take it out and not let it over steep it.  They were kind enough to steep it for me in the back- so it did not over steep.  I drank the entire pot!!!!

Mom enjoyed using the selfie stick

Mom and I wore our favorite fun hats for the event

 
Great sunny day- glad the snow stayed away for one night!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment