Ohio Tea Creamy Toasted Coconut Oolong and Lavender Tea

Only me second ever snow day in 18 years of working where I work!!!!  I was happier than a kid a Christmas.  A real, honest to goodness snow day!!!

I went out to make a snowman but it was too cold and windy, so I made two little snow people.  It was to represent my friends in CO that I miss.  I used my mini Starbuck cups to show Colorado and Ohio.




I decided to make a pot of my favorite tea.  I usually don't make an entire pot for myself, but I decided today would be a great day to do it since I would not be going any where.

I made the kettle water 177 degrees.  Oolong is a light tea, so I set the water accordingly.


I mixed the coconut oolong with the lavender tea.


Ohio Tea Company has the best Creamy Toasted Coconut Oolong tea!  I also love adding their Lavender Flowers to it.  It's encouraged to play with your tea!


Since I am doing a 5 cup teapot, I added 5 scoops of tea.


I put hot water in the teapot and then poured it out, just to make the pot warm.  Then I added hot water and added the tea.  I steeped for about 4 minutes.


I love this creamy coconut tea with notes of lavender.  This one of my all time favorite teas!  I love the unique flavor of oolong that none of the other teas have.

Reminder- Black Tea, Green Tea, White Tea, Yellow Tea, Pu-erh Tea and Oolong Tea all come from the same plant, the Camellia Sinesis plant!!  The difference comes from the harvest, oxidation, and drying of the tea leaf.





Enjoying this tea in February....love all the hearts of February

No comments:

Post a Comment