Getting a fun collection of tea items for free...

I had a friend contact me about having some tea items.  She said that she had her mom's items, her aunt's items and even her grandma's items- was I interested?

Well, come on, you know I am!!!

She had several boxes of tea items set aside for me to look through.
I had a lot of fun looking at the tea pots and tea ware.

I tried to remember to only take pieces that I would really use.  Not just take things that were cute and would only sit around.


I try to go for bigger tea pots that will hold more tea for parties...she had some really nice ones!

I came home with 3 big tea pots, one unique orange tea pot that looked fun and reminded me of lusterware .  Then one green one that was just fun that I may pot a plant in.  And then one dainty one with 3D roses that I just thought was sweet.









I got 2 tiny teapots for my Christmas Tea Tree.  Then the square cup my friend said her uncle brought back from Japan- I liked the story behind that one.


I also selected some bowls from Holland that would be great Matcha bowls.  Some little demi cups and saucers that are great for taste testing.


I believe that my 3 bowls are Delftware pottery from Holland.
Delftware has a yellow coloring under the glaze, where porcelain is white all the way through.
Delftware started around 1600 and still being made today.  The most sought after is from the 1600's to 1740's.
Maker: P. Regout & Co. (Dutch, established Maastricht, 1836) ; Date: ca. 1887–1900




I also got a little tea bag holder, that I want to put sugars in.

Then the pinkish or antique red cup is earthenware/stoneware from the 1800's.  I love it.


Not sure the name of this stoneware.  I have google the picture and I just have not found the exact match.


I believe this is a Johnson Brother's Blue Willow Tea pot made in England - possibly around 1800's.
(but no markings)


I love having all these pieces...some day when I have my tea shop I will be all set with the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment