Goji Berry Oolong from Ohio Tea

I tried a new oolong tea.  Oolong is my favorite kind of tea.  Oolong is not as caffeinated as black tea, but more caffeinated that green tea.

Check out those beautiful rolled tea leaves!!!


oolong tea, goji berries, calendula, marigold, sunflowers and natural flavors

I made goji berry oolong tea hot and cold.  When I made the cold iced tea, I put 7 tsp of oolong in my giant tea ball.  I made sure the water temperature was not more than 180 degrees- I did not want to bruise the leaves and make the tea bitter.  I then added 1/3 C sugar and steeped for 10 minutes.



The iced tea is wonderful.  You get the fruitiness of the goji berries and the unique oolong tea notes.


I also made it as a hot tea.  It was just as nice.  I think I may prefer it cold, but it is really nice hot too.  It is interesting that you get different stronger notes when it is done different ways.




This is a really nice and refreshing tea.  Notes of fruit and oolong come through really nicely.
I really like this light oolong blend.  You are not overwhelmed by any of the flavors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment