Finaly, the Ohio Tea Festival was happening!
I will admit I was pretty critical of the first one. I was a volunteer and I thought it was pretty bad...and maybe that is why they asked me to be on the board. If Kerrie is going to complain, put her on the board and see if she could do better, hahahaha.
Well, I took the challenge. I did think, if I was going to complain and I was given the chance to make it better, I should take it.
So, after 8 months of hard work I was ready!
We had a new venue- Newark. I was thrilled for this location and the Cherry Valley Hotel. As a team, we did a walk though. I felt the staff got us and knew what we wanted.
There were also lots of pluses that we didn't have last year. I noticed these items just visiting the venue! AC, enough room for all of us to be inside together, good restrooms, sound system, parking, wi fi, and catering/food! This was just the initial thought of things that were a plus from last year and we had not even had the event yet. Now let's see if we can improve on organization, marketing, volunteers, entertainment, and more vendors.
The team- Unique, Kurt, Kathleen, and myself!
I was excited to bring in some of my friends and places I loved to the festival this year.
First was East African Coffee, don't let the name fool you. They have an amazing tea!!
Besides the food, which is incredible, you need to check out their Somali Shaah. It is like Chai, but it has evaporated milk in it and it is a game changer!
Shaah- black tea, cardamom, cinnamon, gloves, and ginger with evaporated milk.
They are from Xichigan, but I still love them, lol!
I then asked Four Stage Tea
I met Jenna at a farmers' market in Medina a few years ago and I am impressed with her and her tea!
I then as THRILLED to ask my friend, Rudy Whistle Pottery.
We have history- I helped as a youth worker at her church when she was in high school, her dad was my vice principal in high school, she used to live on my street, and she taught me how to throw pottery one night. I love her and her family!
Then even as a board member I was surprised by this one! My friend from church, Cari, started selling tea. She sells Druid's Garden tea. I invited the company to this event. I thought the owner was coming, but I was thrilled to see my friend Cari show up!!
Every time I looked over, Cari had a great group learning about her tea.
There were lots of other great vendors too.
One of my favorites from last year, that I had met a few years ago was Perry!
I was using Hope Naturals Moringa Mint in the Purple Palmer that I was selling at the festival! I love this green mint tea.
Of course, one of all-time favorites is Ohio Tea. I have been loving their teas for over 10 years! I love that they are only 25 minutes from my house. Terry, Eva, Kurt and their staff are just the best.
Then my new friend Kathleen!! I had a great time planning the Tea Festival with her- she is one of the most organized people I know! I look forward to working with her next year.
Sister in laws, for STEAP. I enjoyed chatting with them too.
There were 28 vendors and I wish I had had the time to get to meet them all. I pretty much just talked with the people right beside me since it was too busy to walk around.

There was also a tea bar. You could try all the different teas. I never made it over there sadly!!!
The food that the Cherry Valley Hotel made was very good. I was pleased with lunch.

Lunch menu:
meatballs
Spanakopita
chicken potstickers
vegan spring rolls
Fried cheese ravioli
Thai grilled Shrimp
Watermelon and feta crostini
I was thrilled to have several people stop by my table and say they follow me. One came up from over an hour way. One lady said I stopped in to her cafe in Mt Vernon and she had been following me ever since. Another lady stopped by and said that she felt we were kindred spirits. I was touched by everyone who came by and talked to me.
We had several entertainers too. This is one I enjoyed.... Huayun Dance


And I asked these two ladies to be volunteers and they rocked it!!
These ladies are from Columbus, but I met them almost 2 years ago in a tearoom in Burton, Ohio. What a great God encounter here! We have also traveled to New York together and may have a Charleston trip coming up too.
We had an afternoon tea at the festival. I got the flowers, but my volunteers created beautiful floral arrangements with them!
There was a cellist playing for the afternoon tea. Kurt and Kathleen also made a new and fun tea for each course.
I snuck in for some sweet treats and sandwiches- everything was delicious.
We also had a raffle. One of the items I wished I could have put a ticket in for was the signed new book by Laura Childs!!!
We even had coloring pages for kids who came...
I brought some of my tea kettles for a little decoration.
I had a lot of fun bringing some of my favorite tea kettles from around the world to share with people. The kettles were from- Guinea West Africa, Morocco, China, Erbil Iraq, India, Turkey, Hong Kong, Thailand, England, as well as a tea table from Turkey, a tea picking basket from Bali, and a tea leaf drying basket from India.
Since I don't blend or sell tea, I wasn't sure what to bring to the festival to sell.
I do home tea parties- I bring the tea to you.
I spent 8 months crafting and making things to sell. See just a few things below.
And if you were not at the festival, but see something you like, let me know- I can ship for shipping costs.
I first packed up my little Kia Soul, Gumdrop, and headed to Newark after work Friday night.
I unloaded all my goodies! Set up a little and then headed to my friends home. I needed to bottle my tea for the next day.
Yep, I was up until almost midnight bottling my Purple Palmer tea.
Purple Palmer
is Natural Hope Herbals Moringa Mint
some lavender from my garden
with Butterly pea blossoms
and mixed with Lemonade
- my version of an Arnold Palmer
Back at it, Saturday at 8am to set up. The doors opened at 10am.
I loved interacting with everyone!
I had my tea books-
ABCs of Tea
Let's Do Tea- tea recipes
Passport to Tea
Coloring tea book
I had my incense tea burners-
the incense makes it look like the tea pots and cups are steaming
I had pictures with sea glass
Then I had my tea terrariums - this brought many smiles to many faces.
Each one is different. Each one has a tea scene in it.
I had tea cards my mom made for me. I also had plants in tea tins.
I had other tea items-
tea earrings
tea pins
tea bracelets
tea necklaces
tea trinkets
Thanks for your support!!!
Did you come to festival- what did you like?
what would you change?
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,
No comments:
Post a Comment