BIGELOW Lemon Lift Tea


Sipped throughout the day, tea quenches, soothes, satifies... and delivers healthful antioxidants. We have blended this tea with just the right amount of lemon and a dash of spice. It is deliciously refreshing hot or iced. 20 individually foil wrapped tea bags per box. 6 boxes per case. Net Wt. 1.37 oz. (38g).  Ingredients: decaffeinated black tea, natural lemon flavor (soy lecithin), spice

While staying at a weekend retreat I tried the traditional Bigelow tea.  I had Lemon Lift.  It was nice and soothing. 



From David Bigelow, "Over 60 years ago my mother, Ruth Campbell Bigelow changed the way we drink tea in the United States. An avid tea connoisseur, Ruth thought tea drinkers like herself would enjoy a more zestfully flavored tea. Happening upon a special colonial recipe that called for tea to be blended with orange peel and spices, she decided to try and re-create what she felt sounded like a wonderful idea. After much trial and error in the family kitchen, she finally hit upon what she thought was the best tasting recipe. After sharing samples with family, friends and acquaintances, one of them reported back that her new tea had caused nothing but constant comments. Thus the "Constant Comment"® name was born."

I was excited as I looked at the website to see that they carry loose tea.  I don't want to say Bigelow tea bags are boring, but maybe I should say "classic".  The taste is very good, but not faboulous.  I think it is the old paper bag. I like their Novus brand that seems to have more real frui and things added, it has a better taste.  I did see Novus was on the website, I am happy to see that.


No comments:

Post a Comment