Winter Warmers


I was in Penang doing mission work and I stayed an extra week so that I could see a college friend and explore Penang.

I googled tea places before I left the US.  I wanted to find some great places to visit during my down time.  This was on this list to visit.



I decided to have Afternoon Tea at Winter Warmers Tea house.  
I wanted the whole meal- but they only did the Afternoon Tea for 2.  So, I ordered the tea...for 2.  And ate it all!


My first pot of tea was Jasmine Blossom.  It was really great.  


I wanted to get all the great shots before I ate anything.....


Savory croissant, sandwich, pie and quiche Rose Scone with jam and cream, a slice of cake, refreshing cocktail, fruit puff, herb cookie, and mouse with 2 pots of tea!

Yes, this was lunch for two, and I ate it all myself.  The prices in Penang are great.  This Tea for two was $75 RM....which was less then $20.  

fruit puffs and fruit cocktail

How beautiful do these treats look??


middle layer- Chocolate cake, mousse, jam and scones

fruit puff 

clotted cream, egg salad sandwich, pot pie, ham sandwich, pot pie, and croissant 

The savory items were my favorite.   

Croissant and pot pie 

I did enjoy the rose scone and cream.   


My second pot of tea was lavender, it was delicious too.  I did have to take a potty break during my 2 pots of teas.
In Penang there are not a lot of bathrooms available.  There were no restrooms in this restaurant, so I had to go outside and back into the adjoining mall and into their basement to find a place to go.  I have to remember to bring my own toilet paper too, lol.

This fruit cocktail was not my favorite.  I did not even finish it.  It was too sweet for me.


The tea cups make the tea look heart shaped- how cute is that. 



It is so hot!!!  It was really nice being in the AC for tea.  But, then when I stepped outside, I feel the sauna weather kick back in!



I purchased some raspberry tea to take home for myself.


Penang is beautiful!  I will miss it, except for the heat!



No comments:

Post a Comment