Rebecca's Bistro, Iced Chai Raspberry Latte, Walnut Creek OH




My Wednesday Wanderings took me to Walnut Creek, Oh.  It's just about 45 minutes from my house.  I decided to go to Rebecca's Bistro....and last time I was there it was called Rebecca's Tea Room.  I think it has been at least 10 years since I was there. 

Funny thing is I told my parents I was going there for lunch and my mom said that they were there for breakfast!!!  What are the odds???

It was a nice day and many folks were enjoying the outdoors.


I love the inside.  There are lots of places to sit and the tables are spread out nicely for distancing purposes.  It is so quaint and has such a wonderful warm and cozy charm about it.

This bistro was a log cabin that was built in the 1800's!  Rebecca started this business in 2002.


I actually ran into a friend while I was there.  I am amazed, but not surprised how many people I know who love this place.  My parents go when they are in the area, I have a co-worker who was just there.  I have a cousin who goes a often too.  When I posted on Facebook I was here, I had a friend in Mansfield who said she loves this place.  People from all over know and love Rebecca's.  It is a gem of a place!!

The staff is fun and super friendly.  You really need to check this place out if you have never been.


I went for the grilled cheese with Provolone and Swiss.  It was delicious!!  It had this cherry butter spread on it the elevated it from a regular grilled cheese to gourmet.  The cranberry and walnut bread was scrumptious as well.  With the sandwich I get a free side, so I went with the cheesy potatoes.  It was a very good and filling meal.


I also ordered an iced Raspberry Chai Latte.  It was very good. The chai itself may have been a mix, because I did need to keep stirring it because there were granules.  But that did not detract from the taste.  I would get it again.  I liked the addition of the raspberry to the iced chai. 
They have lots of fun drinks to try, see below.


I sat inside, but I did sneak outside to snap a photo.  I had several people look at me strangely...but I figured I would never see them again, lol.



It's such a adorable little place.  Ahhh, maybe someday I will have a place like this....


I also went to Heini's Cheese while I was in the area.  Really about the only time I go there is when I have friends visiting, but I was close so I picked up some cheese.  Normally, they have samples out of their cheese and you can try them all.  But, since COVID there were no samples out.  

I like their Swiss & Rye, Smoked horseradish, smoked Mozzarella, and their Onion Cheeses.  I love to do cheese on crackers for my super in the evening.  I will have cheese for weeks now!  They also have these great bagged cheese crisps!!  Look for Bunker Hill Cheese Crisp- https://bunkerhillcheese.com/crunchycheesecrisps/





No comments:

Post a Comment