Davids Tea Cold Defence- Organic Cold 911 made in a french press

I am not feeling sick or suffering from a cold, but I do love these flavors.  I figured it can't hurt to have these healthy herbs in me right now either.

I tried Davids Tea a few weeks ago when they were running a sale.  So far I have enjoyed all the they teas I have tried from them.

 

https://www.davidstea.com/us_en/tea/wellness-teas/cold-and-defence/organic-cold-911/10757US01VAR0055646.html?cgid=cold-and-defence#start=1

Organic peppermint, Organic apple, Organic eucalyptus, Organic juniper berries, Organic natural orange oil, Natural flavouring, Natural peppermint oil.



I am using the new cup from my friend, Jody.  She is am amazing potter.  I have been giving her mugs as gifts, but this is the first one I have purchased for myself....and I love it!  It holds so much tea and the shape is beautiful.



I have found that I enjoying using a french press for making a large amount tea.  When you make coffee you put the grounds at the bottom and press on it.  But, when you make tea you don't want to press the tea, just like  you don't want to squeeze a tea bag (unless it's an herbal tea).  Also, you don't want to over steep your tea.
Put the loose leaf tea on the top of the plunger and then add the water.  Since this makes 34 ounces of tea, I added 4 teaspoons of tea instead of 1.


This is an herbal tea, so you want your water over 200 degrees and you want to steep the tea for around 5 minutes.  The nice thing about the french press is that when it is done steeping you pull the plunger up.

I purchased a large french press, so that I can get a little over two cups of tea out of one serving. It is like using a tea pot- but the thing I like is that I don't have to remove the bag of loose leaf tea or the strainer from the tea pot.  The drawback is the glass may not keep the tea as warm as a tea pot might.


This is really great tea.  I love the mints and eucalyptus in the tea.  I feel like it I had been stuffed up I no longer would be.  If you take a deep breath is is cleansing.  I love the aroma with this tea too. This tea tasted great now and I almost want to save it for when I do have a cold, but it is really good anytime.


Here you can see the plunger raised so that the tea does not over steep.  I was able to get two pots of tea from this one serving.


I took my Davidst Tea capsule and added it to my tea cup tree on my table.


I gave this tea 4 and not a 5 only because it said it had apple pieces and orange in it and I did not taste them at all.  I was a bit disappointed that those flavors did not come through, I think it would have been a nice addition to have some fruit or citrus taste.  Otherwise I thought it was a great tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment