Ohio Tea "product testing" Frost Miser


I love being giving teas to try early.  My friend at Ohio Tea gave me this one to try.  I brought this to my friend, Amy.  We love Ohio Tea.


The first thing I noticed was how great this tea smelled when I opened the packet.  I love the mint aroma. 

With loose leaf tea all you need is a steeper, water, and your mug.  I tend you use my steeper cup or paper bags.  It makes the steeping process really simple.

 This is a green tea, so you want to keep your water around 170 degrees.  If you get  your water too hot you will bruise the leaves and it makes the taste of the tea awful.  You also do not need to steep too long. With green tea I usually stick to right around 3 minutes.


Green tea, peppermint, spearmint, cardamom


Amy and I like this tea.  At first I got notes of lemon and then mint.  I then got a spice that tickled the back of my throat.  Its light but has great strong mint notes and then the spice.  The cardamon is an unexpected twist in this tea. Not sure I have tasted anything like it, but I really like it.  Also, the green tea in this tea does not come across as earthy and grassy- which I am very happy about.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment