Tea birthday party

I headed about 45 minutes south for a birthday party the other day.  So much fun to get out and meet new people and share tea with new people.

I will bring the party to you.  I charge .50 a mile, and the first 5 miles are free.  But, if you really don't want to host or pay for mileage, I can host your party at my home as an option. 

This was a birthday party for one in her 20's...how fun is that?????


I had 5 teas and we did them mystery style.  The guests smelled the tea leaves and tasted the tea and then tried to guess what the teas they were drinking were.





It was fun and they did really well, I only stumped them on one, and eventually they figured that one out too.



I made the butterfly pea iced tea that is always a hit.  



The tea is blue before lemons (Citrus) is added...


Then once citrus is added, it turns a beautiful purple color.  


The mom of the birthday girl rocked the decor for this party.  The napkins were roses in the cups.  So many beautiful touches all throughout the house.


The mother also made this super fun teapot pennant rope.


And these cookies!!  Almost too cute to eat.  A lady in Kilbuck made these...and I was given one and it was delicious!!


They had lots of goodies on the table too.





The guests nibbled on their treats as I shared tea with them.

I served tea, told a little bit about the tea- except for what tea it actually was.

I gave some fun tea facts about tea and how to prepare tea as they tasted and tried to guess what tea they were drinking.


Even with one arm I was able to share tea.  I had shoulder surgery on February 14th, but it won't stop me from serving tea.






Smelling teas and trying to figure out what might be in the tea.


The fun fact here...the host and I found out that we work together and didn't know it at first!!!  

I work at an insurance company and she works at an insurance agency.  Before we met, we worked together via emails.  She reached out last fall to my work email and asked if I was Kerrie, from Kerrie's  Cup of Tea.  I said I was!!  Small world.  She said followed my Facebook page.  We finally met in December at a Christmas tea I did and now have become friends outside of work.


Only in the country are you going to see this!!!  Never be in a hurry when in Holmes County!!


I was given a plate of goodies to take home. YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment