Kinkeliba, African tea and tea pots from Conakry

For my birthday this year my friend picked up these two tea pots for me.  Granted in Guinea they do not use them as tea pots like we use tea pots in the states!


When I was in Guinea I took this photo of this man carry his tea pots to the market.


This is a shot I snapped too....maybe coming home from the market....


These tea pots are made right in Conakry. I love that they are able to make these- I didn't really think anything was produced in Conakry. 


The little one in the middle is the one I picked up when I was in Guinea in 2018.


My friend also picked up this tea in the market for me.  It is Kinkeliba, and the people of Conakry drink this tea.  I can not wait to try it.  My friend gave me the name of the tea, so that I could go on line and see how to make it.  This is an herbal tea.

I read that when used this helps your body with detoxification, weight loss, liver flush, indigestion, constipation, acne, aging because it has natural antioxidant, anti inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.



Add 20g of dried Kinkeliba leaves to a pot with a litre of boiling water
Boil for 20-30 minutes until the water turns orangey-red (to make a weaker tea steep a tablespoon of leaves in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes)

(Optional) Add sugar or honey to sweeten or mint, lemon.

I will be making this tea, along with the Guinea Attaya tea in October when I do my Passport to Tea 2023.


No comments:

Post a Comment