Making Tea with mom... Boston's Mint-in Tea

This is the tea I remember my parents using to make mint tea with when I was a kid. 
 

(on line this tea is $6.99- but I got this tea at the Massillon Discount Outlet for $2.89)

I picked some mint tea from my garden and took my Boston's Mint Tea and went to my parents.  I asked my mom to help me to make tea like we used to when I was little.

funny, when I think of making tea, it is with this pot, at least for the last 20 years.  Before that it was a heavy duty red pot.. :)  We used about 3/4 of a gallon of water.


Mom told me that she learned- if you take the leaf off the stem it will make the tea less bitter.  So, I took the leaves off the stems.  Good to know- I never knew that before 

Once the water was boiling, we added the tea leaves, and I added 3 bags of Bostons Mint Tea

Then we covered the pot

Mom said to let it steep for 15-20 minutes

smells JUST the way I remember it!!!!

Mom then poured it into a pitcher, she uses a strainer to catch the tea bags and leaves
  
Mom then adds about 2/3 cups sugar
 
And there you have it...that is how the Kaufmann's make mint tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment