craft table and tea bags!!!!!

   So, I have this nice big attic that my dad has helped me turn into the kids play room.  It is nice because I have all my crafts and kids toys in this room.  The kids can watch TV up here, have sleep overs up here, play games, do crafts, and generally just hang out and have fun....and I don't have to worry about the mess in the rest of my house, because it is all contained in the attic.   This smaller table the kids use to eat on and do crafts. I was looking to "SPICE" it up a bit.
 I bought this "craft" table at an auction.  One of the schools in Rittman was closing and being torn down.  I think I bought this table for $12.00 I would have bought more, but I did not have the room to fit more in my car.

 My nephews helped me get this project started.  They had a lot of fun picking and choosing where the tea bags would go.



 I love tea and I love tea bags.  Tea bags are so colorful and unique that I always save them....but then what do you do with them.  I think when I have my tea shop I want a wall of tea bags.  I will let customers come in and add to the art too!
 So, We were modge podging the tea bags on and I loved the look.  But, then I decided to shrink down some photos of some of my favorite tea moments.  I pictures of me having tea in London, Africa, Spain, Germany, Washington, Oregon, The Plaza in NYC, my parents backyard, and with friends.

 The table is almost done. I am saving an area for some tea bags for up up coming trip to France.

 I am sealing the table with a clear gloss Polyurethan.  The kids will still be able to eat, play and do crafts on this table.  Maybe when I have my tea shop some day this table will get added !




No comments:

Post a Comment