Hot Cha, Tuesday Night Market, Bubble Tea


It was a hot night in Penang and I just wanted AC, but some American friends invited me out to the Tuesday Night Market.  And, how could I say no to another adventure?  They took me to this fishermen's area.
It was so fun to meet up with a family I have known since 1989!!  I was a camp counselor at our church camp, and she was my camper.  Little did I know I would meet up with her and her parents all these years later in Malaysia!!  God is good!





We then drove to this Tuesday Night Market.  It was so cool to see the merchants out with their fruits, vegetables, and food.  I got to try some fun food.  I love these cultural moments.


I got some Milk Bubble Tea




Jack Fruit
Shaped almost exactly the same as cempedak, jackfruit is slightly larger than its counterpart and available all year round. In Malay, it is called ”nangka” and, just like the cempedak, it can be eaten raw or dipped in flour and deep fried as a snack, although its golden yellow tough flesh is not as sweet as cempedak.



These meat cheese sticks were incredible!!  The food in Malaysia is something I could eat every day, all day!!






 steam buns

Dumplings 
I was being "forced" to try everything, lol!!!

                                                              Durian Fruit and Bananas

I wish you could see the amazing moon this night. 








No comments:

Post a Comment