Ohio Tea Company, Sticky Rice Pu-er


I am in my happy place...Ohio Tea Company.

I have tried a few pu-er tea cakes before and I have never been a big fan of them.  However when I smelled this Sticky Rice Pu-er tea and I knew I wanted to try it.  It smelled just like stick rice!

You can spell it Pu-er or Pu-erh....both are correct. 

Pu'er or pu-erh is a variety of fermented tea produced in the Yunnan province of China. Fermentation in the context of tea production involves microbial fermentation and oxidation of the tea leaves, after they have been dried and rolled


They say that this is the perfect combination of Shou Pu-er and Nuo Mi Xiang



I only got one pu-er piece.  It said to steep at 212 degrees for 3 minutes.



 As it steeped the cake broke apart.  The aroma of rice was incredible.  It smelled just like I was making rice!!!


Okay, I am not sure what to think of this tea.  When I drink it I get a salty taste, almost fishy.  But, then that goes away and the after taste has a nice rice flavor.  

Sadly, I couldn't finish my cup.  I really want to like this tea, but I just don't think this one is for me.

I love Ohio Tea Company.  You need to check them out in Canton!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment