Mate from Argentina

A friend went on a trip and sent me a package....Yerba Mate from Argentina.

I received a package the other night.  I was super excited knowing who it was from.  My friend does a really great job of picking up fun and surprising gifts. 

Orange Pekoe were super excited about the box...not so much what was inside.


She purchased me Mate tea, real Mate tea, and leather Mate cup (Calabash) when she was in South America. 
Las Marias has the biggest mate Tea plantation in Argentina.


The unique thing about Mate tea is that you put the mate in the cup with the water and you drink from a special straw, a Bombilla.  The bombilla is a straw and sieve or filter.  You keep adding water through out the day. 

I find the Mate strong, so I only fill the cup about a 1/4 of the way up with tea and then the rest with water.  It is a fun and different way to drink tea.



It is so fun to know I am drinking the genuine article from Argentina. 


Mate art is becoming a thing...I thought I would give it a try.  But, I realized I didn't have the same kind of Mate that they are using in their videos. 


You fill up your gourd or cup with the Mate.


Add some water and put your straw in, and then add more mate.


Then you add your design.  They make it look easy and beautiful. 

                                                                                            Yerba Mate Lab

                       guria_dochimarrao 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment