Homemade Tea Tray, tea cups from Ohio Tea Company and Anthropologie, and tea pot from Tea Forte

















                                           TEA ANYONE?




So excited about this tray that my dad made for me!!  I wove the basket tray layer and then dad made the wooden tray top and bottom.  The most impressive part is that he hand made the handles!!


It took probably 10-12 hours to make the basket tray.  I would work on it a couple hours a night while watching a movie or two.  The cat loved to sit on it while I was making it.  It added to the challenge in making the tray.




I knew I wanted to make this tray to display these beautiful cups I bought at The Ohio Tea Company in Canton. https://www.ohioteaco.com/
One of the cups is actually from NYC, Anthropologie.  A couple of years ago my cousin and I went on a bus trip to NYC and I bought the white floral cup.  IT reminded me like one my older sister had.  I love using it now, it reminds me of her every time I use it.  https://www.anthropologie.com/kitchen-mugs-teacups


My dad built the base and the top, displaying the rope tray I made.





I love all these tea cups.  When I drink tea I want to drink lots- that is a mug is the most common vessel  I use.  But, with these cups you get to use the delicate looking tea cup, but it holds a lot tea.

These tea cups sell for $8 at the Ohio Tea Company.  Terry, the owner told me that they are no longer able to get these mugs...so last time I was there I bought 3 to complete my set.  He was kind enough to even give me a discount on the mugs!!  There is a yellow one out, I think I gave it to my mom for Christmas.  Maybe she will let me exchange it and take it back, lol!


I can't wait to serve tea from this tea tray!!
Who wants to come over for tea?!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment