Story of my tea, Valentines Special



I purchased this blind tea tasting set, as part of start up.  I think it is a great idea.  I did this at Christmas with my family and my nephews have been asking when we could do it again.  It finally worked to try this again on Mother's Day.



I was sent 4 packets of teas.  The packets only say how to prepare the tea, nothing about the teas themselves.  I let my nephews pick the order we tried the teas in. We then try to guess the tea.  It is so much fun!!!!



This is the first tea we tried.  It was tea cake, like a pu-erh tea.  We all smelled the tea and tried to guess what kind of flavors were in the tea.





We prepared the tea and all said it smells and tastes like tea.  We tried to use the tea wheel they sent and guess flavor notes, but with no success.






Once we all gave up, we read the card to see what kind of tea it really was.



Now we are trying tea #2.  The boys are preparing it.



We were pretty sure that this was a white tea, since the temp was so low.  The flavor on this tea was okay.  It was nothing great, but nothing bad either.  The flavor was mild,




Again as much as we tried, we could not figure out or guess this kind of tea.




#2 was a white Peony tea





Here are trying tea #3

This tea we had more of a clue on, it said it was best with milk and sugar.  We knew it was going to be a chai.




We prepared the tea, in the cups that we would drink from- I added milk and sugar.
I then added the tea to the cups.



Making the tea....



This was our favorite one.  We still not good at guessing what was in the tea.



Kyle kept saying there was fruity notes, I told him there would not be fruit in chai tea. I was sure that there was chocolate in it. Most everyone agreed with me on that. 



Then when Kyle was reading about the teas he started dancing around, saying “I was right!!”   There was a fruity note to this Assam chai.  Kyle loved that he was right!!!!  
But was right too, there were coco nips in it!




The last tea we did was good too. But none of us guessed anything about it.


#4 was this Darjeeling. It was a good one too.

We can’t wait to do this again!!!  It’s so much fun to sit around and guess flavors and laugh and just be relaxed trying Tea.  I love love love that my family is willing to do this with me! 







No comments:

Post a Comment