National Iced Tea Day, June 10- enjoying cold brew


It was National Iced Tea and I made myself some cold brew tea for work.  This is nothing new, I am always making tea for work.  But, I wanted to bring attention to the National Day.


To make a cold brew I add tea bags (or loose leaf tea in a empty tea bag) to cold water.  It is a great way to enjoy your tea and there is NO work involved.  1 tea bag per 8 oz of cold water.  With cold brewing you don't have any bitterness and tannins being released.  You can add water several times to the bag in your cup...or pitcher. 
I never add sugar to my cold brew either.  I think it is perfect without the sugar.
The tea can be ready in minutes.  You don't have the steeping time of sun tea.  You can put it in the frig to speed up the time too.  I find if my water is cold enough that within 6-10 minutes the tea is ready to drink.

Ever been to a fancy restaurant and they had mint or cucumbers in your water?  It is the same concept with tea bags.  Let the cold water bring out the flavor of your tea.  And you can add fresh mint or fruit to it as well.  Play with your tea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment