Park Royal Hotel, Batu Afternoon Western Tea


I love the people I get to work with on these mission trips.  They all have such heart for the Lord and to serve Him.   And that what life is all about, serving the Lord!!! I have a joy that comes from the Lord.  I have a good life and I have been very blessed, and I know that every good and perfect gift comes from Him.  I enjoy travel, tea, and having fun- but I want everyone to know it is nothing without Jesus being first in my life.  I do what I do in life to draw others to knowing Jesus.

 Yeng and I have been to Thailand, Spain, and now Malaysia together.  Carrie and I have been to Thailand and now Malaysia.  Andrew and I have worked together in Spain and now Malaysia.  My cousin, Sandi, and I are working together for the first time.

While in Penang for a mission trip I had most afternoons off.  My friend, Yeng, and I were always up for a fun adventure and we both love tea, so we decided to have Afternoon Western Tea.  They also had a Penang Nyonya Tea, but we went with the one we knew what we would be getting.

This was the Nyonya Tea. 


We each got a pot of tea - they had 4 or 5 teas to choose from.



We ordered and then it took almost an hour to get our food, but it was worth the wait.  We then got this delicious assortments of sweet and savory treats.  I love afternoon tea!


We got all these treats for 58 Ringitt for two people, that is about 30 Ringitt each, which is less than $8 US  each!!!

How wonderful does this assortment look?!!!  It was pretty great to eat too :)


Savory treats- these were my favorite.  There was a salmon sandwich, chicken salad, tuna with cucumber, and cold meat sandwich...if I remember correctly.  I forgot to write down all we had.

scones with clotted cream and jam. 

Sweet treats!!!


This hotel is goregous!!  I did not mind spending a week here.  It was unbearably humid, but it was a beautiful place to stay. 


Less than $10 US a person.  Sandi's one tiny cup of coffee was $5 US, she should have just gotten the treats with us.  WOW!!



No comments:

Post a Comment