Taste Testing Event 2019




Last year I had a free tea tasting in my home, it went so well I decided to do it again!  I had people from church, work, friends, and family show up,




I made a mango bubble tea and had popping bubbles, instead of the tapioca balls.  Bursting bubble options- Passion Fruit, Blueberry, Mango, and Pomegranate.

People enjoyed the bursting bubbles in the Bubble Tea.  It is a fun surprise.  I think I enjoy it over the tapioca balls.


Bursting boba's-


Mango Powder-







I made iced tea- Plantation Iced Tea from Bigelow.  I used 10 bags of tea and 1/4 cup if sugar.

I also made Tazo Passion Iced Tea with 1/4 cup of sugar.  This is one of my favorite iced teas.

Lastly I made Republic of Tea- Pineapple with coconut water.


I had the three iced tea choices on the table. I am not sure that there was a favorite for anyone, they all seemed to go over well.  I mixed the Plantation Mint and the Passion Tea together and that was great!  Don't forget you can play with your tea...try different flavors together.


Tea tasting...





Cold brew it great- have you tried it yet?  I put in about 1 teaspoons per 8 oz of cold water, within 10 minutes I have cold brew tea. It doesn't get bitter because the water is cold and you are not releasing any tanins. I can add water to the cup at least 2-3 more times throughout the day.  You can add ANY loose leaf tea to water for cold brew.

This cold brew was a big hit.  People were surprised how it tasted like Blueberry water and no sugar was needed.   I personally like this tea cold over hot.







I made homemade Komucha for taste testing. I had an Elderberry batch and a Fruity Mary batch.  Some liked it, some did not.  Kombucha is an acquired taste.  I think it is great and it is so healthy for you. 

 They say Kombucha has lots of anti-microbial powers and is full antioxidants, it helps sooth ulcers and improves the function of your pancreas.   Helps with your digestion and arthritis. It supports your liver.  It improves your mood. it helps you loose weight.  It helps you detoxify ... This one I can say is true!  I have one friend who calls it her "poop juice".  I can say  I've never been so regular myself!!! It also reduces the risk of heart disease and they say prevents cancer.  also lots of nutrition. Helps with your good cholesterol. Boosts immunity.  Treats type 2 diabetes too. I can't say that you will have all these changes or experience any of these benefits.... I'm just listing some of the things they say about Kombucha.  I can say I love it and drink a lot of it :)







This Hazelnut Vanilla is so wonderful! I am big fan. I like this best with milk, but it is really good without too.  The flavor is rich and deep.  I love it.


You could add whole milk, almond milk or coconut milk





This tea has great fruit and coconut flavor.  It says that there is Rooibos in the tea, but I thankfully, don't taste it.  It is sweet without being overly sweet.  It has nice fruity notes, I pick up the mango, apples, and apricot.  

It says it is a white tea, but then there is an asterisk that says no white tea.  I brewed it as a white tea, the water temp around 150 degrees.  I also steeped it for 3-4 minutes.








I love this cold brew tea!!!  The raspberry Oolong is smooth and delicious.  It is a wonderful blend.  

This tea is fantastic cold too.







It was fun to have people over for tea!!!  One of the big hits of the day was this Winter Wonderland tea from Ohio Tea Company.  For me, I was shocked how much I liked it- especially since it is a Rooibos Tea.  This tea reminds me a snickerdoodle cookie.  I mean, It tastes just like one!!  I love it.






I made golden milk lattes. I love the turmeric - it makes me crave Indian food.  This was enjoyed by most.  It does get spicy, the key is not to add too much powder.





I found some fun treats to have with the tea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment