Asterisk, London Fog, Cuyahoga Falls OH

My friend and I were out an about on a great fall day.   I saw on my google maps that there was a coffee/tea place near us, so we popped in to try this one out.

Do you use google maps to find things?  I use it almost daily.  I love when I am out in a new area to type in tea or cafe and see what pops up near me.  It is a super handy way to discover new places.  





The place was busy, so I will give the staff a pass on not being overly friendly.  I has some questions, but really did not get much answers.  For that I was disappointed.



What I was not disappointed in was the tea selection.  I love  when a mainly coffee place also has a great selection of tea.   It seems the majority of coffee places will just have your signature chai or London Fog...and I am still happy they have those!  But, Asterisk, offers a lot more than those two options.



Even though they had the extra teas I went with the London Fog.
Whatever questions I did ask and whatever the staff said sold me on the London Fog.  But, I have to say it was awful,  I did not even finish it

Sadly, this tea had no flavor. I did not get any of your Earl Grey flavors.  I am not sure what I was served, but it was not a London Fog.   The prices were decent here, the place was clean, but the staff needs to work on their service.  If I am in the area I will give them another try, but the first time was a bust.






We cam for the downtown festival, but I have to say there were only about 15 people here.  The hype of what the festival was in the past was just that, hype.  I am not sure if we were there at the wrong time or if people were scared of Covid, but the place was silent.




We showed up at noon for the silent auction items and the food trucks, but this is what we found.  We ended up finding a local restaurant and had a very nice meal.  Maybe the festival will be more exciting in 2022.



We then headed to Solon.  There was a lot more happening here.    There were vendors, food trucks, a petting zoo and more.  This was more of what we were looking for when were out and about.
I was able to do some axe throwing, which was fun.  I did not make contact, but I had fun trying.


The petting zoo was fun too.  I loved this silly guy.



We also discovered this festival.  We each picked  up a plant.  The ladies selling the plants were SUPER KNOWLEDGEABLE!!  I would buy plants from these ladies any day.  They looked up to be sure my plant was poisonous for my cat, told me about the light it needed and the watering. 

Check out Flourish Plant Mkt   https://www.flourishplantmkt.com/



Here are plants.  And I have to say as of January 2022 my plant is still alive. This is a victory for me.  I also loved the plant holder I bought.  The plant holder is an old brick mold.  The uniqueness of this planter fits my style perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment