Twisted Fig Tea, Magic Strawberry Moon



I discovered a new tea company that is in Ohio!

This fall I was at the Prairie Peddler in Butler Ohio.  It was a really fun festival, but my favorite part was finding this tea company.  I had heard of them before, but never tried their tea.  I was excited to meet the mother and son tea team.


This tea is a mix of black and green tea.  When I have a tea that is a mix of two kinds of teas I heat the water to the more delicate tea...that is the green tea here.  I heated the water to 190 degrees.  I then steeped the tea for 4 minutes.


If I remember correctly this tea won an award.  I do know that this is the best seller for them and has been for over 15 years.


They say to do a round teaspoon for 6 oz, my mug is 8 oz so I added more tea.  You can see the great tea here.  Also the papaya chunks.  There is some sugar in this one, so be ware of that.


I add my water to my steeper along with the tea and I let it steep and then it drains right into my mug.


This tea is amazing!  I love the slight tart of the strawberry mixed with the sweetness of the papaya and sugar.  You get a lightness in this tea even though it is a green and black tea.  I think it leans more towards a green tea- not in a grassy earthy way, but it the lightness.


This tea deserves the full five tea cups as far as I am concerned. The strawberry notes come through so clearly in this tea.  I also get some papaya after notes.  This tea is a decent price, $6 for 1.5 oz.  I love the flavors that come through.  I made this tea warm, but I think this would be a tea that would be wonderful cold too.


No comments:

Post a Comment