Free Crate, I turned into a tea crate

I was at an antique store and they had a pile of "FREE" things.  I got this crate.  I was super excited because I have always wanted to have a tea crate and this was going to be a perfect crate to turn into a tea crate.



                    Before                                                        After


This was my inspiration crate.


I got some stencils and created this...
Wulong is an older word for oolong.  Oolong is my favorite kind of tea.


I free handed the Chinese letter for Tea on the crate.


I loved the fact it still had some shipping labels still glued and attached the crate.


Cha is the Chinese word for Tea.  1726 is just a number I liked, there is no significance there.


I then stained the crate.  I think it added a lot of character to the old crate.


I think it turned out pretty good.  


Some day my crate will sit in my tea shop like this one does...

This crate is at Ohio Tea Company in Canton, OH.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment