Heating water....

The water temperature is important.  I am learning this....Your water for green tea and white tea should not come to a boil.  I have also learned that if your tea does come to a boil, that if you add an equal amount of tepid water and boiling water it will be the right temperature. Black teas, herbal teas  and oolong tea water can be at a boil.  But, remember you can make the tea at the hot temperature, but do not drink it at that hot temperature.  Tea has no flavor at the hot temp.  That is one reason that Chinese and Japanese cups have no handles, if the cup is too hot to hold, the tea is too hot to drink.

Also it is important to remember the better the water the better the tea. If you have access to filtered water, then use it :)

My sister got an electric water kettle, she liked it so much that she got one for our mom.  Then she was at a surplus auction and got another one.  I bought that one from her for $5.00. They sell on Amazon for over $30.00, but I love mine and I think if you do not have one, that $30.00 might be worth it.  It reminds me of the one my cousin had in Germany when I visited her.  I like that it is just water that is in the kettle and not other liquids or coffee to change the flavor.

 
  • 1750-watt high-speed kettle boils 7-cups of water in just 5 minutes
  • On/off button located on handle; boil-dry protection with automatic shut-off
  • Variable temperature control; lifts off corded power base for cordless pouring
  • Exterior water-level indicators; concealed heating element; anti-scale filter
  • Measures approximately 8 by 11 by 8 inches; 1-year limited warranty
  •  
     

    There are different temperatures- It says right on it, for green and white teas use the one setting and for other teas use the boiling temperature setting.  VERY COOL!!!


     
    This the one my sister Jill has, it is a great water kettle as well.
     HAMILTON BEACH BRANDS INC  Hamilton Beach Brands K2070 Proctor Silex 1-Qt. Electric Kettle
     
      This is also a way I heat my water. Since I do not drink coffee, this "coffee" maker is used to only heat water.  What I really like about this Gevalia maker is that it has a clock and timer.  I like that I can set the timer to come on in the morning and the water is hot when I get up.  But, now that I have the T-fal water kettle that makes hot water in minutes, I may get rid of the "coffee" maker.  If you are looking for a coffee maker, you can usually get a deal with Gevalia.  I was able to get my coffee maker for $19.95 when I signed up to get tea.


    No comments:

    Post a Comment