Chai -Wallah Tea with maple syrup and turmeric




I am enjoying a cup of Chai-Wallah Chai Tea.  I decided not to add milk and sugar like normal....instead I used maple syrup and a dash of turmeric. 


  





This chai is full of flavor and spices!
It has a nice mix of spices- not too spicy not too sweet.




I put the loose leaf tea in my steeper, adding the boiler water, letting it steep for 3-4 minutes.




I poured the tea into my cup, adding a little maple syrup for sweetness


And lastly I added a dash or two of turmeric. 


This tea is delicious!!!  I may add milk next time, but I am not really sure if milk is needed in this one or not, but it may make it even richer if I did.  I love the maple syrup addition and turmeric!  It is a fun addition to the chai.  I love playing with my tea.  You should too.  Try adding new things and different blends, you never know what you will come up with.


I am loving using my new tea pot with built in steeper!!  I picked it up for  $15 at an antique store 



I love my little Dutch girl tea maker









I made the chai again with frothed milk and it was amazing!!  so wonderful





I added turmeric on top, it was a wise choice.  I loved it.



2 comments: