Steve Smith Teamaker, Portland, Tea Flight


My sisters and I were having fun in Portland.  We did Stash Tea, the Oregon Culinary Institute for lunch, the Pittock Mansion, hunted for Tazo Tea and then to Steve Smith Teamaker.

Did you know that Steve Smith co-founded Stash Tea  in 1972 and then sold it in 1993.  He also started Universal Tea Company.   Then he was the founder of Tazo Tea in 1994  and then Starbucks acquired the tea company in 1999, Steve lead the company until 2006.   He was the co-founder Steve Smith Teamaker in 2009, sadly he passed away in 2015.  

Since we saw Stash in the morning, I thought it would be fun to see all his tea places- but the Tazo place was closed, but I was happy to see Stash and Steve Smith.


110 SE Washington, Portland is where the headquarters are located.   This is their newest location.

This is my third time to this location.  My 6th time to Smith Teamaker all together.  I first went in 2013 and we actually got to have tea with Steve Smith!!!  I was there in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018 and 2019.  I am a hug fan of Steve Smith.



































2013






2014


2015

2016






















2018


My favorite Steve Smith Tea is their Fez and the Jasmine Pearl.

 

I tried the kombucha and was surprised to learn that there was chamomile and Rooibos in it.  I don't like either item and I would not have that either item was in this kombucha.  I was very pleasantly surprised.


Sisters going for a 2nd tea flight of the day!  Loving vacation!


Smith Tea, Tea Flight, $12.  The three of us shared it.
Bai Hao oolong, Masala Chai, 
Chocolate Peppermint Pu-erh, and Red Nectar


We were able to read about the area that the teas came from.  We went from lightest tea to darkest.

Oolong is my favorite tea and I have to say I was really disappointed in the flavor of this tea.  I felt it should have a stronger Oolong flavor.  The tea was bland.

I enjoyed the other teas, my favorite of the tastings might have been the Chocolate Peppermint Pu-erh.


I had fun slurping my tea.  MY sisters were not impressed, but I said I was getting all the flavors out of the tea and they were missing out. They then made slurping sounds....but sadly they had no tea in their mouths.


**Do not add the leaves to the tea, it effects the flavor, and never in a good way***  





We just missed the tour. I never thought to check and see if the gave tours.  So, we said next year we would do a tour. Always fun to have something to look forward too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment