Beach Pelini Teavana



A friend at work had this tea and was kind enough to let me try it. She knew I loved Teavana loose leaf tea.  I was so upset when Teavana stopped selling loose leaf tea.  To me they were the best loose leaf tea. 

INGREDIENTS

Apple pieces, orange peel, natural flavors, licorice root, pineapple pieces (sugar, pineapple, citric acid), mango pieces (mango, sugar, citric acid), papaya pieces (sugar, papaya, citric acid), rose petals, citric acid, malic acid.


I did this tea cold brew.  Cold brew is putting your tea bag in cold water.  Cold brew is a great way to drink tea.  By not heating it, you are not releasing the tannins and you can add cold water over and over again. Also you retain more antioxidants than hot brew and also it releases only have the caffeine.  I usually can add water 2-3 more times to my glass.

If I have bagged tea I do one bag per 8 oz of water.  When I do the loose leaf in a pitcher, I generally eye ball it, but if you want something more specific go with 4 Tbsp per 1 quart.


I thought this tea was too sweet.  Artificially sweet.  I am not a fan, which is too bad, because when Teavana was loose leaf I loved it.  The aroma is wonderful, but that is where the greatness ends for me.

Sadly I have now tried several of the bagged Teavana tea and I have not found one that I like yet.  Hugely disappointed with what they have come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment