The Tao of Tea, 500 Mile Chai



I made this 500 Mile Chai with just this Unsweetened Silk Soy Milk.  It was okay, but not great.   I am a fan of this chai and when I was in Portland my sister and I visited their store.  We ate there and they made it with soy milk and I am trying to recreate the wonderful flavor.  I need to work on the recipe. 

I am not sure if I need to just do a plain soy milk, this one was unsweetened.   I heated the milk and then steeped the tea in it. I also added a little sugar, but it was not nearly as good as I had at the Tao Store.


UPDATE:
Looking at the receipt I see that  I had almond milk, my sister had the soy milk.  Also I had Indian Jaggery- which is an unrefined sugar- in it.  That could be why it tastes different.  I will need to keep working on it.


This is at The Tao of Tea Restaurant in Portland OR.



No comments:

Post a Comment