Harney & Sons Apricot Cold Brewed Tea



I was visiting my sister for a few days out in Vancouver and I decided to raid her pantry for teas to try.  I wasn't surprised to find an apricot tea, she loves apricot tea.  

We were heading out to do some shopping so, I decided to make it a cold brew tea.  Have you tried your tea cold brewed yet?  You really need too!  I discovered it a few years ago and it is a go to for me!  I love it, it is quick and easy, and the flavors really come through.


Cold brew is a great way to drink tea.  By not heating it, you are not releasing the tannins and you can add cold water over and over again. Also you retain more antioxidants than hot brew and also it releases only half the caffeine.  I usually can add water 2-3 more times to my glass.

If I have bagged tea I do one bag per 8 oz of water.  When I do the loose leaf in a pitcher, I generally eye ball it, but if you want something more specific go with 4 Tbsp per 1 quart.

 

I enjoyed this tea all day.  I added more cold water when I finished all of this and the second round was just as great as the first.  The apricot flavor was delicious.

You can cold brew any tea- try it and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment