Tulipan, Chai, Wooster, Ohio




My office gives us $500 for Healthy Habits each year.  I got this great collapsible bike.  Saturday was a beautiful day, the weather was cool, so I decided it was time for the bike and I to go on it;s maiden voyage. 


It was a great bike ride.  But, I decided I needed a treat after the ride, lol.  


I headed to Tulipan in Wooster.  It is the adorable little pastry shop in Wooster.  I had been there a few years ago and I had the crepes and they were really good.  I thought I might try them again.




The staff there is super friendly and helpful 


I ordered the chai.  It is a very good chai.  It is from a powder, which if it not a loose leaf chai, my  next choice is a powder.  The chai was smooth and spicy.  I really enjoyed it.


This place is really quaint. I recommend it!  They had amazing looking pastries, but I refrained and was good. Maybe next time I will splurge and get dessert.  But, I figured why ruin all the good I did on my bike ride.


I completely enjoyed the chicken crepes with the Hungarian Cucumber Salad.

Chicken Paprikash: The thin, tasty crêpes are made in-house and filled with cremed Chicken Paprikash, and served with delicious Paprikash Sauce.

I met the delightful owner, Elizabeth.  This place is a gem!!

From the Website:

"Tulipán Hungarian Pastry and Coffee Shop opened in 2004, but the idea for the shop was many years in the making. 

Owner Elizabeth Lakatos emigrated to the United States from Hungary in 1976, and she brought with her the traditional recipes of her mother and the generations before her. After many years of satisfying her family and friends with her baking, Elizabeth opened Tulipán ("tulip" in Hungarian) and thus created a new gathering place for the Wooster community."

No comments:

Post a Comment